Fox Lloyd & Co
in 1856, the government leased its Queen's Wharf to Fox Lloyd and Company for 21 years. While the government maintained responsibility for navigation lights and dredging of the harbour, it was no longer responsible for wharves and berths. These were all now in private hands. In 1860 all three bodies managing the port - Trinity House, Local Marine Board and Port Adelaide Harbor Trust - were abolished and the Marine Board of South Australia was enacted in the Marine Board Act (Number 17 of 1860 An Act to consolidate the Acts relating to the regulation of the ports, harbors, havens, ... and for the better regulation of shipping ...).